2023 JKA Spring Joint Training Camp (ONLINE)
2023 JKA Spring Joint Training Camp will be held for 4 days from 20th to 23rd April. For the JKA members who cannot participate in the camp onsite, the online classes and exams will be provided on 22nd and 23rd April. We are looking forward to seeing you online!!
Please note that online exam of qualification is not held. (Dan exam only).
- Qualification for entry : Only JKA members can participate in. Non-JKA member is not accepted.
- Seminar A and B on 22nd April, Seminar C and D on 23rd : 4 one-hour ZOOM seminars by JKA HQ instructors.
- Participation fee : JPY 2,000 / seminar. Credit card payment only.
- Dead line : 14th April (Fri) at 1 PM in Japan time. Keep a deadline strictly. After deadline not possible to apply.
- Please read through carefully the precaution on the page of “Online training Application” and click the “Class for individual Participation” banner.You can see Spring Camp link on April calendar (It will be posted soon.).
Application → https://www.jka.or.jp/en/jka-news/online-training-application/(common page with regular“Online training Application”)
Online Dan Exam
I. Condition for online test *
- Only JKA members can apply for this test. Those who belong to other organization cannot apply.
- You cannot take the test which needs Dan transfer from other organizations.
- You cannot take Re-test by this Online Test.
- Testing Dan : from Shodan to Sandan.
- To prevent COVID-19 infection Dan exam will be conducted without “Kumite”. Instead, two Katas, your favorite Kata and another one will be required.
- You can choose the exam date and time, Group A or B depend on your time zone. (See the schedule.)
II. The Online Dan Test application process
- The new rule of “individual membership” is applied for Dan/License exams at this camp from this time. Every examinee needs to have their membership cards issued by JKA HQ or register newly.
- The representative of the country/organization should submit the registration form to JKA HQ by 12th April (Wed) at 5 PM in Japan tme. The submission of this form is deemed as the evidence of the representative’s approval for the examinee to take exams. (Form has been provided by JKA HQ to all representatives)
- Only the listed members can take exams.
- Registration fee JPY 600 /person will be added to the Dan registration fee on the invoice regardless of their results.
- The card is issued after exam.
- Card is valid for one year from the date of issue.
- Fill in the Dan Test Sheet (Examiner’s record) and submit to your Country/Organization representatives. The Sheets can be downloaded from the JKA website. (Representatives should submit the sheets to JKA HQ by 12th April (Wed) at 5 PM in Japan time.)
- Deadline for applications by member on the website : 10th April (Mon) at 1 PM in Japan time. Keep a deadline strictly. After deadline not possible to apply.
- Exam fee : JPY 5,500 (only online payment by credit card is accepted)
- Examiners record :
– downloaded from https://www.jka.or.jp/en/application-document-download/
– fill in all necessary information, especially be sure to write the name of your Karate career guarantor and his/her relationship to you in reference section. The guarantor should be the representative of your branch. And your favorite Kata should be written under the reference box.
- Read through carefully the precaution on the page of ”Online training Application” and click the “Class for individual Participation” banner. You can see Spring Camp link on April calendar. (It will be posted soon.)
- Online Training Application page → https://www.jka.or.jp/en/jka-news/online-training-application/
- If your application will be accepted, Meeting ID number for Zoom will be informed by 20th April (Thu). Please confirm and take note your exam time and entry Number.
III. Precaution at the test
- Check the connection to Zoom in advance.
- One device should be used per person.
- Enter the waiting room at the appointed time and wait till we will allow you to enter the room for test.
- If you are not in the room when your turn comes, you will be dropped.
- In case you could not take the exam due to the network issue, you will be refunded.
IV. The result notification and payment
- Result notification and an invoice for Dan registration will be sent to the country/organization representatives about in 10 days.
- Dan registration fee is as below.
- The Dan certificate will be sent to the country/organization representatives once the payment is confirmed.
If the postal service to the country/ region is suspended due to the spread of COVID-19, the certificates will be kept at JKA-HQ. They will be sent once the postal service restarted.
Dan registration fee
|1St Dan||JPY 17,000|
|2nd Dan||JPY 22,000|
|3rd Dan||JPY 27,500|
★Participation Stamp of Gasshuku and Award
Taking Online Seminar/ Exam are recorded as participation of Gasshuku. Please bring your JKA Passport with you to the next Gasshuku. We will stamp on your JKA Passport.
10 times participators : Certificate
20 and 30 times participators : Certificate and mement.
Any person who is eligible should inform the HQ in advance by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the copies of “Research for the Seminars” page of the JKA passport. Participants in online seminar/exam too.