2023 JKA Autumn Joint Training Camp : Announcement – 2
We are pleased to announce that the 2023 Autumn Joint Training Camp will be held for four days, and hope all of you will participate in this annual event. The details are as follows:
Public Interest Incorporated Association Japan Karate Association
Improvement of Technique, Instruction Skill, and Judge Skill
A) Technique Instruction
B) Dan Examination
C) Qualifications Exam (Instructor, Judge and Examiner)
① JKA Member：All of the following conditions must be met.
1. must be at 3rd Kyu or above
2. Those who have registered as a member of the JKA HQ through the representative of JKA/WF member country / organization in your country (Holders of individual membership registration)
3. Those who are on the participants’ list from above representative.
*Please refer note for JKA members in section “12. Note : a)About Seminar and Examination”
*”JKA/WF member organizations” means organizations listed on the “JKA WF Member Organizations” page of the JKA website (not subordinate organizations such as clubs or dojos).
②Non-JKA Member：All of the following conditions must be met
1. must be at 3rd Kyu or above
2. The Participant’s organization does not have any troubles with the JKA organization in the country concerned.
3. need submission of a consent form not to wear GI with the JKA logo mark
October 12 (Thu) to October 15 (Sun), 2023 → Schedule of Autumn Camp (PDF-File)
✦JKA HQ (October 12, 13, 14, 15)
ADDRESS : 2-23-15 Koraku, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0004
TEL : +81-3-5800-3091 / FAX : +81-3-5800-3100
✦Bunkyo General Gymnasium (October 13, 14)
ADDRESS : 7-1-2 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
TEL : +81-3-3814-4271
【MAP (google map)】: http://ur0.pw/BI27
＊Nearest railway station :Hongo 3chome Station of Marunouchi Line or Toei Oedo Line
a) Seminar Fee ＊Total 8 seminars will be held
①JKA Member :
[For those who will be 19 years old and above as of October 15, 2023] JPY 6,000.- per seminar
[For those who under 19 years old as of October 15, 2023] JPY 3,000.- per seminar
②Non-JKA Member :
[For those who will be 19 years old and above as of October 15, 2023] JPY 10,000.- per seminar
[For those who under 19 years old as of October 15, 2023] JPY 5,000.- per seminar
b) Examination Fee : (Dan / Qualification exam )
If you are going to take Dan or Qualification exam, you have to pay JPY 5,500 of the exam fee and the registration fee at the application. Please see the price list ( JPY ) below;
Total fee of exam and registration (Dan)
Total fee of exam and registration ( Qualification)
- In case of fail, the registration fee will be paid back to you in JPY at the camp.
【How to pay 】
a) Bank Transfer: Bank account information
Bank Name : Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.(SMBC)
Branch : Iidabashi Branch
Bank Account Name : JAPAN KARATE ASSOCIATION
Bank Account No. : 0124740
Swift Code : SMBCJPJT
*Please write the application number ( 2023atmcamp-en-XX) in message box when making bank transfer.
b) Credit card : *JKA member only
You can find the page for credit card payment when you apply for the camp in our website (VISA and Master only).
9．Application: We will not accept the application by phone or by fax.
Attention!!! If your name is not on the participants’ list submitted by the representatives of JKA/WF member countries/organizations, your application will be canceled.
*Please refer note for JKA members in section “12.Note : a)About Seminar and Examination”
Please contact us by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our person in charge will get back to you about necessary procedure and payment information.
Person in charge: Ms. Yamamoto
10．Closing date for application:
September 28 , 2023 (Thu)
*Please note that the deadline is earlier than usual.
[10 times participants] Certificate
[20 times participants] Certificate and Obi
[30 times participants] Certificate and Karate-gi
Any person who is eligible should inform the HQ by two weeks prior to the camp by e-mail to: email@example.com with the copies of “Research for the Seminars” page of the JKA passport.
Awards for 10, 20, and 30 times participation will be presented at the opening ceremony on Saturday, October 14.
a) About Seminar and Examination
- All participants are required 1) the membership registered with JKA HQ through the JKA/WF member countries/organizations which the participants belong to and 2) to let the representatives of JKA/WF member countries/organizations to know to join the camp so that they can list up participants on the form.
- The representatives of JKA/WF member countries/organizations are supposed to submit a list (Individual Member Registration Form) of all their participants of the training camp, including Dan/License exams by 5:00 PM in Japan standard time on September 25. By submitting this form, we can check if the participants have individual membership or not. In addition, the new members can be registered as well as the expired members are renewed. If your name is not on the list, your application is canceled.
- The 600 yen required for registration / renewal is paid by the member himself / herself at the JKA-HQ office, and new members can receive their membership card during the training camp period. (*Card is valid for one year from the date of issue.)
- Please download necessary materials for classes from our website in advance and bring with you when you take the lecture or exams. → https://www.jka.or.jp/en/download-JKA-manual/
- Please bring your Kyu or Dan certificates.(Copy is okay.)
- When participating, please wear Karategi that do not have the JKA logo on them. And be sure that it is not allowed to use the name of JKA for advertisiing , etc. Participants need to submit a consent form regarding it.
- Depending on the circumstances, we may ask the JKA representative of the country concerned to make sure that the participant’s organization does not have any troubles with the JKA organization in the country.
- Exams are only for JKA members.
- Participation in the seminar or examination will be denied if any of the following applies.
- If you have a fever of 37.5°C or higher (including fever within the past 48 hours)
- if you have symptoms that may be infected with the COVID-19, such as coughing, sore throat, chest
*If you are not feeling well on the day of the event and decide not to participate, we will issue a refund.
- Application cannot be accepted after deadline.
b) About Seminar
- Some seminars have different classes which target the different Dan/Kyu. Please be sure to have appropriate class for your rank.
- 【The 6th seminar (Judge Seminar) on October 14 (Sat)】
- This seminar is open to those who have not judge qualification. The contents are useful for all participants.
- A class Judge holders : This seminar is served as for renewal of A class judge qualification, too. (*A class Judge holders are required to join at least one Judge Seminar within the three-year validity period. Renewal fee of JPY6,000 is needed separately for renewal every three years.) Please don’t forget to submit the JKA Passport at the check-in counter on the day to receive a stamp on your JKA passport.
- 【The 7th seminar on October 14 (Sat)】
- Examinees of Dan or Quallification ( Instructor / Examiner ) exam will not be able to attend the 7th seminar.
- 【The 8th seminar (Seminar for the examinee of judge qualification) on October 15 (Sun)】
- This seminar is exclusively for examinees of Judge qualification only. We highly recommend the examinees to take part in this special seminar.
c) About Examination
- Only the participants of the seminar can apply the exam at this camp. If you want to take exam, you must attend at least one seminar during Camp.
- Exams are only for JKA members.
- Current status of Dan or Qualification (conferral date etc) must be informed when you apply the exam.
- Examinees of 6th or 7th Dan have to submit a research dissertation about Techniques by one week prior to the camp. Please decide it by each person about the theme of the research dissertation.
d) About check in
- 【October 13】
- Those who will join the 2nd Seminar or the 3rd Seminar (Class 3-5) or 4th Seminar (Class 3-5) : Check in at the Bunkyo General Gymnasium
- Those who will join the 3rd Seminar (Class 1-2) or 4th Seminar (Class 1-2) without joining 2nd Seminar : Check in at the HQ
- 【October 14】
- Those who attend the 5th, 6th, 7th Seminar : Check in at the Bunkyo General Gymnasium
- Those who attend only Dan or Qualification (Instructor / Examiner) exam : Check in at the HQ
– Check in counter is different on October 13 and 14 as mentioned above. Please check your schedule carefully and go whichever appropriate for you.
- 【Dan examinee 】After confirming the results on October 14, successful applicant can receive stamps on the JKA passport on the day and Dan certificate at the closing ceremony on October 15. Unsuccessful applicant gets a refund of the registration fee at the office on October 14.
- 【Qualification examinee 】After confirming the results on October 15, successful applicants receive a new License card and stamps on the JKA passport, and unsuccessful applicants get a refund of the registration fee at the office on the day.
f) Others :
- Please be noted that lunch will NOT be provided this time.
- You need to arrange your accommodations by yourselves. Please refer to the hotel list, too. → HOTEL LIST（PDF-File）