2022 JKA Autumn Joint Training Camp
We are pleased to announce that the 2022 Autumn Joint Training Camp will be held, and hope all of you will participate in this annual event. The details are as follows:
Public Interest Incorporated Association Japan Karate Association HQ
Improvement of Technique, Instruction Skill, and Judge Skill
A) Technique Instruction
B) Dan Examination
C) Qualifications Exam (Instructor, Examiner and Judge)
JKA valid members with rank of 3rd Kyu and above.
October 14th (Fri) to 16th (Sun), 2022 → 【Schedule】 2022 Autumn Camp (PDF-File)
✦ JKA HQ (October 14th & 16th, 2022)
ADDRESS : 2-23-15 Koraku, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0004
TEL : 03-5800-3091 FAX : 03-5800-3100
✦ Bunkyo Sogo Gymnasium (October 15th, 2022)
ADDRESS : 7-1-2 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
TEL : 03-3814-4271
【MAP (google map)】: http://ur0.pw/BI27
*nearest railway station :Hongo 3chome Station of Marunouchi Line or Toei Oedo Line
a) Seminar Fee (Total 11 classes will be held)
[For those who will be 19 years old and above as of October 16, 2022] : JPY 5,500.- per class
[For those under 19 years old as of October 16, 2022] : JPY 3,000.- per class
b) Examination Fee : (Dan / Qualification exam )
If you are going to take Dan / Qualification exam, you have to pay the exam fee and the registration fee at the time of application. Please see the price list below;
Total fee of exam and registration (Dan)
Total fee of exam and registration ( Qualification)
- Neither application nor payment can be accepted on the seminar day. Please apply and pay in advance.
- Exam fee is JPY 5,500. In case of fail, the registration fee will be paid back to you in JPY at the camp.
【How to pay 】
a) Bank Transfer: Bank account information
Bank Name : Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp.(SMBC)
Branch : Iidabashi Branch
Bank Account Name : JAPAN KARATE ASSOCIATION
Bank Account No. : 0124740
Swift Cord : SMBCJPJT
b) Credit card : you can find the page on our website (VISA and Master only).
9．Special Program (from 2:30 PM on October 15th): Panel Discussion to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the spread of Karate in mainland Japan by supreme master Funakoshi Gichin
At this training camp, we invited Mr. Shimabukuro Zenpo, Chairman of the International Shorinryu Shobukan Karate Association, and Mr. Nakamura Akira, Karate Promotion Section, Department of Culture, Tourism and Sports, Okinawa Prefecture, as a special program to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the spread of Karate in Japan by supreme master Funakoshi Gichin.
This event will begin with “Enbu”, a martial arts demonstration by Mr. Zenpo Shimabukuro, and then an exchange of opinions about Funakoshi Gichin Sensei will be held.
Everyone is welcome to attend this event free of charge, including those who do not attend the camp’s seminar.
10．Application: We will not accept the application by phone or by fax.
Please apply through our website. → https://www.jka.or.jp/apps/2022autumn_gasshuku_index_eng.php
Or send your registration form by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
11．Closing date for application:
October 7th (Fri), 2022
* You cannot apply on the seminar day.
- 10 times participators : Certificate
- 20 and 30 times participators : Certificate and mement
Any person who is eligible should inform the HQ in advance by e-mail (email@example.com) with the copies of “Research for the Seminars” page of the JKA passport.
a) About Seminar and Examination
- Participation in the seminar or examination will be denied if any of the following applies
a. If you have a fever of 37.4°C or higher (including fever within the past 48 hours)
b. if you have symptoms that may be infected with the COVID-19, such as coughing, sore throat, chest discomfort, and fatigue
c. If you have a family member or close acquaintance who is suspected of being infected with the COVID-19.
*If you are not feeling well on the day of the event and decide not to participate, we will issue a refund. Refunds will also be given to those who are not able to participate due to temperature checks.
- We request that all participants in the seminars and exams submit a health questionnaire. Please download the health questionnaire (Excel-File) below, take your body temperature in the morning and at night from September 30 (Sun.), two weeks prior to the camp, fill it out, and submit it at the reception desk on the first day of participation. Those who forget to submit the health questionnaire will not be allowed to participate. No refunds will be made in that case, so please do not forget to bring it with you.
- You must wear a mouth shield certified by JKA to participate in seminars and exams. Please apply together with your participation in the training camp. → FYI:JKA original mouth shield
- Please download the material for the class, handbook for the match, the same for the judge from our website in advance and bring with you when you take the lecture or exams.
- The reception time for each seminar and examination is fixed, so please check the schedule and be sure to come on time.
- If you develop COVID-19 within two weeks of participating in the camp, please contact the JKA-HQ immediately.
b) About seminar:
- Each seminar targets the different rank. Please be sure to have appropriate course for your rank.
- The 6th seminar is a special seminar by Oishi Shihan (for 1st Dan and above), and the 11th seminar is a special seminar by Ueki Shuseki Shihan (for 5th Dan and above).
c) About Exam:
- Even those who do not participate in seminars will be able to take the exams of dan and qualification.
- Current Dan or Qualification information (conferral date etc) must be informed when you apply the exam.
- Examinees for 6th or 7th Dan have to submit a research dissertation (about Techniques) on the camp. The theme of the research dissertation should be decided by examinees.
- Examinees have to bring permission of taking exam from the representative of country / organization.
- Since last year’s Autumn camp, we have changed the written questions for the qualification examinations. The questions are the knowledge required for each certification, so please review the manual before taking the exam.
- As a special measure during the coronavirus pandemic, the practical test at each examination will be as follows;
【Dan Exam】Select either ① or ② below
①Kihon, Kata ＆ Kumite
②Kihon, Kata & Kata designated by the chief examiner
【Qualification Exam】Select either ① or ② below
1) Exam for Instructor C & Examiner D
①Heian Shodan, Sentei Kata selected by the examinee & Gohon Kumite
②Heian Shodan, Sentei Kata selected by the examinee & Kata designated by the chief examiner
2) Exam for Instructor B & Examiner C
①Heian Shodan, Sentei Kata selected by the examiner & Kihon Ippon Kumite
②Heian Shodan, Sentei Kata designated by the examiner & Kata designated by the chief examiner
d) at Facilities
- We will measure your body temperature at the HQ entrance. Anyone with a fever (37.4°C or higher, including fever within the last 48 hours) will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- Please wear a mask at all times while in the building (wear a mouth shield when attending the seminar and exam).
- Disinfectants are installed in various places in the building including the entrance. Please be sure to use it when you come and enter the building, enter or leave the Dojo or changing room.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited in the HO (except for rehydration to prevent heat stroke).
- You can use the changing room and shower room, but the use of lockers is prohibited. Each participant should bring a large bag, put a change of clothes in it, and bring it to the dojo.
- You cannot use the equipment on the second floor.
[Bunkyo Sogo Gymnasium]
- We will measure your body temperature at the gym entrance. Anyone with a fever (37.4°C or higher, including fever within the last 48 hours) will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- Please wear a mask at all times while in the building (wear a mouth shield when attending the seminar).
- Be on time for registration. Even if you arrive early, you will not be accepted until the time is up (you will be asked to wait outside the gymnasium).
- Eating and drinking are prohibited in the gym (except for rehydration to prevent heat stroke).
- Please refrain from talking in the changing room and keep to the 15-minute stay.
- The use of hair dryers is prohibited.
- The entrance and exit to the gymnasium are separated. Please be careful.
e) Seminar and Exam flow :
- At the entrance, take a temperature and physical condition check, submit a health questionnaire, disinfect hands and fingers, and check in the seminar or the examination.
- Change clothes in the changing room on the 2nd floor, take all your belongings and move to the venue (Dojo on the 3rd and 4th floors).
- Participate in seminar or exam.
- Seminar participant : Leave immediately the HQ after changing clothes.
- Dan examinee : After confirming the results, successful applicant can receive dan certificate and stamps on the JKA passport on the day. Unsuccessful applicant gets a refund of the registration fee at the office.
- Qualification examinee : After confirming the results, successful applicants receive a new License card and stamps on the JKA passport on the day. Unsuccessful applicants get a refund of the registration fee at the office.
[Bunkyo Sogo Gymnasium]
- At the entrance, take a temperature and physical condition check, submit a health questionnaire, disinfect hands and fingers.
- Enter the building, go up the stairs, move to the stadium on the 2nd floor, and check in the seminar. Please note that the location of check-in reception is different from usual years.
- Change clothes in the changing room on the 2nd floor, take all your belongings and move to the arena.
- Attend seminar.
- Leave the building immediately after changing clothes.
f) Others :
- The opening and closing ceremonies will not be held to prevent the spread of the COVID-19.
- Please be noted that lunch will NOT be provided at the HQ.
- You need to arrange your accommodations by yourselves. Please refer to the hotel list, too. → HOTEL LIST 2022（PDF-File）